GROUP > Behlen Industries
WGI Westman Group: Behlen Industries
Industry leading Manufacturer Of Structural Insulated Steel Panel Products
About Behlen Industries
BEHLEN Industries LP was established in 1969 in Brandon, Manitoba and is Canada’s largest manufacturer of steel building systems. BEHLEN buildings are expandable, energy efficient, and straightforward to construct, yet retain architectural flexibility. The versatile nature of their design makes them ideal for a multitude of applications and industry sectors. BEHLEN was founded as a family-owned business and continues to operate as such. Sold through a strong, widespread network of dealers and backed by qualified Regional Sales Managers, engineers and technical support representatives, BEHLEN is the premier choice for pre-engineered steel buildings throughout Canada and beyond. As the manufacturer of two distinct building systems, BEHLEN has the adaptable solution for any project. Rigid Frame and Frameless Building systems have unparalleled advantages, providing cost effective results to the industrial, commercial, recreational, and institutional markets, while their Steel Custom Fabrication division is able to fulfill any other manufactured steel needs.
More information available at website of Behlen Industries.
- ✓ RIGID FRAME: A building system with limitless design features, is built to your specifications and offers clear spans up to 330’ and heights up to 100’. Excelling in energy efficiency, condensation control and noise reduction, the Rigid Frame construction process is engineered to create virtually no waste, keeping the building both cost effective and environmentally sustainable.
- ✓ FRAMELESS: A unique building system that offers aesthetic appeal, versatility in construction and durability. The system capitalizes on a construction technique that realizes savings in time, labour, materials, and foundation costs, and is able to offer clear spans of up to 313’.
- ✓ MANUFACTURING SERVICES: Our CWB certified Welding shop works with sheet metal, structural plates and sections to fabricate a multitude of products for various applications. Their Steel Custom Fabrication services include shearing, punching, forming and welding metal to meet a variety of needs.
Bridge-in-a-Box is an engineered, pre-fabricated modular steel bridge manufactured by BEHLEN and offered by ARMTEC*. This pre-assembled bridge is delivered to site in single or double lane configurations and spans from 6m to 24.5m.
The customizable Bridge-in-a-Box design is complemented by standard steel posts with W-Beam or Thrie Beam guardrail for low-volume roads. The open span ensures exceptional hydraulics with little impact on the stream environment. Bridge-in-a-Box is an ideal solution for rural, forestry, and remote locations, and complies with the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CHBDC) for pedestrian and highway live loads.
* Armtec is part of WGI Group and BEHLEN’s sister company
Bridge of Pioneers
This covered bridge crossing project was a WGI cross-division partnership involving Armtec, Behlen, Westman Steel, Meridian, and Artspan.
- The pedestrian bridge expands the trail system in the community of La Broquerie and spans the beautiful Seine River. More importantly, it honors the Pioneers of the municipality by listing the names of families that settled the area from 1875 to 1940.
- The colors chosen for the crossing pay tribute to the local dairy barns that are so prevalent in the Municipality.
- Russ Edwards grew up on the family farm located in this municipality.
- The bridge abutments, bridge hoist and approach trails/landscaping were provided by the Municipality.
Speedy installation on site using typical construction equipment
Economical option for rural, forestry and remote locations with substantial transportation savings
Minimal impact on the local stream environment
Complies with Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code