About the WGI Westman Group of Companies
WGI Westman Group Inc is a dynamic entrepreneurial group of companies composed of Meridian Manufacturing Inc, Behlen Industries LP, Westman Steel, and Canada Culvert. The Westman Group operates manufacturing, sales and distribution facilities in 29 centers in Canada and the US, maintains dealer networks across North America, and has a worldwide customer base.
STATEMENT OF VALUES
At the Westman Group, we pursue our vision, make decisions, and exhibit behaviour that is consistent with our core values. The following values are essential to achieving our vision. These values are:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Safety, Health, and Environmental Responsibility
Relationships with our employees, our customers, and our suppliers are the foundation of our success and these relationships are our true competitive advantage. We are committed to:
- Dealing in a fair and honest manner.
- Promoting teamwork and cooperation and recognizing common goals.
- Encouraging open and honest communication based on mutual respect and the acknowledgement of the dignity of others, resulting in an environment of trust.
- Providing opportunities for career and personal growth and achievement through coaching, training, and learning activities.
- Recognizing and celebrating efforts that support the achievement of our goals, and sharing in the success of the Company.
- Strengthening our relationships to meet changing needs.
In an ever-changing business environment we must be prepared to constantly pursue, develop, and investigate new and alternative products, services, and markets. Continuous growth is essential for the long term health of our Company and for the opportunities that it provides for our employees. We are committed to:
- Meeting changing customer needs through innovation in processes, services, and products.
- Using technology to increase efficiencies in all aspects of our operations.
- Exploring new markets and business opportunities.
- Using our people’s full potential to bring about and to support our growth.
- Reinvesting in our Companies.
The financial health of the Company is essential to our long term stability and existence. We are committed to:
- Operating in a profitable manner – Caring for, and prudently managing, our assets and our debt.
SAFETY, HEALTH, AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY
We must be responsible to the communities in which we have chosen to establish our facilities and to the individuals and families that make up our team. We are committed to:
- Establishing and maintaining safe work practices.
- Striving to provide a satisfying balance between work and home life.
- Supporting community programs through financial and volunteer support.